It's day 44 post transplant (if i'm not wrong).
The hospital has been granting me home leave. It's definitely better than staying in the hospital and doing nothing at all. Now, every 2 days, I just have to go to the bed, get the anti-fungal IV, or maybe some replacements and then I can go home for the next 2 days. My liver GVHD is getting better but because I'm still on a 5-pill steroid so I think they need to taper down some more before discharging me. At least I'd like to think so.
The steroids make my appetite go crazy but at least I get to eat. During those 'dark' times, I didnt even want to smell food.
Staying with my in-laws have been great so far. Abah is really a great cook. His cooking always seem to make me go hungry. The smell! I can see why Firdaus gained weight so much. I think I will too. Mak has been great. I feel like such a lazy daughter in law coz i hardly do anything AT ALL. Its like, all I do is seep in the aircon. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes. I can help with simple2 stuff like wash dishes and clean up after the room but I can't really clean up like vacuum or what. I feel so lacking but I'm glad that she understands a lot.
So that's the update for now. Back to the hospital at 7am tmr.
No comments:
Post a Comment