I'm so obsessed with 2PM right now.
I just find that they're very inspiring and totally unlike other Kpop acts. They're more manly and they're definitely the real deal. Nichkhun in particular, i thought that he's cute and romantic after watching We Got Married. But after much Youtube-ing and whatnot, I am seriously in awe of this guy. Yes, he was scouted because of his good looks, but seriously, how do you keep pushing yourself to sing and dance AND speak/read Korean when you don't AT ALL. Seriously, inspirational.
I've been listening to their songs and their particular Don't Stop Can't Stop got to me. Really made me feel I can do anything I want to be if I work hard.
That being said, on Wednesday 23rd October, was supposed to be my first day of work at some tuition center. I was excited. I didn't sleep. Since work starts at 12pm, I went for a jog at 7am. I was so pumped up, listening to Don't Stop Can't Stop, thinking this job is going make a career for me.
I reached Bedok early. Was at McDonald's at 11.30 WHEN another company (which I thought would never call me back, which job post was what I wanted) CALLED!
I was so distraught. Here I was, half an hour before I started work and my dream job and company called me! What was I going to do? But I was so honest, I told them that I had already found a job.
So, I still followed with the plan. But the moment I entered that tuition center, I was in such a shock. They were doing some sort of filming for ad. I had to wait amongst all the chaos while the person in charge did some preparations for me. It was super awkward I wanted to cry.
And the fact that, there we so many foreigners! I have nothing against foreigners, really. I just felt small being with people who are in a better position than me, like really afraid. And I found out that my boss is an angmoh, waaaah!! Panic mode. I have this fear for working with Angmohs. Really, nono, it's not because of they came to Singapore to work steal our jobs thingy. No. It's more like, they're like, superior? I guess.
So you'd think, Don't Stop Can't Stop huh.
Lol. And then, the worst thing is when the person in charge started to introduce to me all the products. OHH seriously! Not was what I was expecting. I cannot absorb at all! It was all so alien to me. I've worked in the transport, retail, insurance and customer service line but education line?? Really? Not me.
I was so distracted still by the fact that the other company called. So while the Person in charge was doing some other work, I emailed the other company if they still had the position available as i was still interested.
And midst all the chaos, they asked to go for my lunch. OHHH WOW.
SO, in almost 10 years of working, I did what i have never done before.
I ran away. I lasted for two hours in that company. I was so scared. I had culture shock. I knew I didn't want to work in that company. If I stayed, I knew I was going to be in trouble. I didn't want that. The fact that the other company called was definitely a wake up call.
It really was okay if I didn't get a job with the other company. I would be really comfortable with any local company. Really.
If i look at it negatively, I ran away without trying. I was being a coward.
But, when I look at it positively, I wanted to be available for the company that I wanted to work with. I wanted to work in an admin post. I have done too much of customer service. I really want to sit down and do work on my own. Even if i don't get it, it's okay i guess.. Maybe I'll fit in in some local company. I'm chasing my own dreams. Not what people expect of me.
This experience really made me open my eyes and be more mindful about the companies that I apply for.
Well, let's just home the next job won't be disastrous as this.
In the meantime, don't stop can't stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment