Friday, May 06, 2016

Hospital Again

It's the 6th of May.
Which means that I have been hospitalised for about 16 days.
I still have about 5-6 days left to be discharged.

It all started on 21st April when i started to have pain on my neck, and suddenly that morning, my fever just kept going up and up. Went to A&E and got admitted for neutropenic fever.

It's basically because I went for chemo and that my Neutrophil counts are low, causing me to have fever. In this case, I had tonsilities and there was bacteria running in my blood.

I was at Ward 8A at Kent Ridge Wing. It was those single bed ward. My fever was around 38-40 degrees for many days. My sanity depended on paracetamol a lot. I puked a lot too, and there was a lot of phlegm due to the tonsilities.

I think it lasted for about a week or so.

After they injected the white blood boosters, I got better and was tranferred to ward 56. Then the doctors were saying that i looked better now and said that i could probably go back home on Tuesday, 3rd May. Then the next one was saying i could potentially go back home.

So on Wednesday, i cried like shit wanting to go back home. They kept on saying that they need to observe another 1-2 days blah3. But in actual fact, it's longer than that. The pregnant doctor came in to talk to me and said that i still have bacteria in my blood and that i need to finish the whole course of antibiotics, which was scheduled for 14 days.

And i still have about 7 days left. LIKE, WTF. What's with all the hope of going back and all that when i still have 7 FREAKING MORE DAYS LEFT.

So okay, i accepted.

Then the next day, the nurses were talking about de-isolating me. Another sucky news.

1) If i am not isolated, i might catch whatever bug there is outside, and then repeat the process of falling sick blah3.

2) My husband cannot accompany me if i am at a 6 bedder room. He can stay with me if i am isolated. At least i wont be so alone.

Sigh.

So then the Ward Sister was saying currently they dont have a bed outside. And as per hospital policy, if my counts are okay, I have to make way for other neutropenic patients to stay in the isolation room.

Fine. Not that i have a choice anyway. Not even for 1 week.
So okay, whatever. Just waiting for time to move out from here.

This morning the doctor was saying that my white blood count went down, again.

So, we'll see then. See whether i will continue staying here or move out.
So sian you know.

Now, the plan is to stay here till Wednesday or Thursday next week.
Then go home for about a week, then report back to hospital for the final step.

Bone Marrow Aspiration.
Chemo
Radiotherapy
Stem Cell Transplant.


I know i should look forward to getting better.
But it's not gonna be easy.
I'm not looking forward to all the side effects especially the FEVER.
I seriously have grown a phobia out of fever.

This year, cannot puasa.
I will probably be spending Hari Raya in the hospital too.
So sad.

I'll probably be out end of July.
After that I'll be staying with the In-Laws.
I think that's the best option for now. They are at home most of the time and they cook everyday.
And the bedroom got aircon.

So all i need to do is recover.

Well, that's the plan for now.


No comments: