Saturday, August 13, 2016

Grateful. Sad.

I started off working in SBS on 22.11.2013. Exactly a year before my wedding.

It was so messy. Like, I've never worked in an office before, there were just too many papers. I had to go through many piles of papers to get a gist of what I was supposed to do. Toon, being my mentor taught me a lot of things.

Then, I also realized that it is not just limited to Soon Lee. My department stretches to other depots and bus parks as well and Despatchers are part of my department.

So in January, when my exec Jackson asked me to arrange for a department dinner, I was kind of stressed. I don't know these people. I don't know if they'd like the food. Blah3. But it went on okay. I didn't know who was who when we all met.

We went to Seoul Garden Hotpot. Guess it didnt really suit their taste bud. Lol.


As time goes by, the longer I've worked, the more I've learnt about my job (and I really love my job), I really love the people I work with. To me, they are the best team mates that I could ever ask for. Sure we get mad at each other sometimes but after that, what's done is done and we move on. That's what I like about the team. Squabbling with Despatchers, trying to come to a compromise.

So, later the year, we had another department dinner.

This time round, I knew better.

So i chose West Coz Cafe instead. It was Seafood. And I saw how they can REALLY EAT.
Lol.. Even Aunty Ah Lek said it was nice. So YAY. I nailed it!



So yeah, I was happy with my job. I really got challenged with some task that I had to do. But to me they are all learning experiences.
Researched a lot on Excel. So happy when I was sent for the Advanced Excel course.

Met and worked with so many people along the way.

Department lunch: FULL SQUAD.


2016 came and things started to change a lot.

I worked for only 14 days. During one of those 14 days I was on a project to finally digitalized my learning forms and I was briefing managers and also the AVP on work process. My manager Chee Wee was proud that he took a video of me doing so. Lol. I wish i could follow through that project. It will make so many people's jobs much easier.

So yes, I do visit them at times now to submit my MC and all.
Yesterday the dept catered to the whole office.



Soon, everyone will go their separate ways to the different depots.

It's sad that it had to be this way but the industry is changing. Wish you guys luck where ever you guys are posted and I hope to come back to work as fast as I can!

No comments: