Tuesday, October 31, 2006

LONG POST AHEAD!

finally a proper update from me.

been freaking busy these few days. what's new aye? i've been busy eversince i'm in poly. lolz.

hmm. lemme see. My Hari Raya was crazy. The first day of Raya, I went to 12 houses. Reached home at 1 am. And the following day i didnt go for class. Last Saturday went to 8 houses, of which 7 houses, i had to eat coz they whipped up nice food. Lolz. I have a huge family. It's been crazy but, yeah, not as meriah as last time. This year, i think we missed a lot of houses coz my younger relatives havent visited our family yet.

You see, my dad is an uncle who has lots of nieces and nephews who are married. So, if these nieces and nephews have not been to our place, my dad would insist on not going to their place because the young should always go to the elders first. ouhh heck. and anyway, it'll be more difficult because we are not having any open house this year. yeah, that's why.

moving along.

Last Sunday i went back to work. Gawd i missed work. And you know what, it turned out that Cik Jamilah, my I/C was having her off day that day. And the I/C for that day was our supervisor Viknas. The guy don't know how to work. He's just down there like Raffles.

So anyway, i came in at 945 to the office, signed in and everything and called Rose, the other Transport I/C. She was busy with some other stuff. So, guess what, she put me in charge of the marshals. She specifically said, help me for this 1/2 hour.

well guess what, it didn turn out to be 1/2 hour. it turned out to be 1 day. So i had to make sure all the marshals were at their location, everything to be set up and make sure they have their breaks.

and, well.. these new kids made trouble coz they came late. they were supposed to start at 10 but they came in at 12. nevermind. but then, i found out. my boys are also causing trouble. Jimmy and Tian Chan were MIA and were uncontactable. WHY AAAHH?

So then, i was like, totally short of manpower. sigh.

And, you know what? i witnessed an accident. LOL. Right in front of me. Oklah it wasnt that major but it was my first time witnessing and reporting. ahaha.

but overall, that day was crazy. everyone was searching for me for instructions, for situations, Tango Control keep calling for Siloso Point Updates. And lastly, Abang Nazree was like, "Senior Marshal, Senior Marshal Dian come in over." LOL and i replied, "send over" and he said, "well done, good job, good job"

ahahha. and there was also he said this, "WAHH, Dian naik pangkat.. (Dian Promoted)"

i was like, "nooo. " He's not the only one who said it lah. Cik Mashud also said that. I mean, to me, i'm still the same marshal and same Dian that everyone in Sentosa knows. My working style is still the same.

But i guess 2 years working in Sentosa, it really has taught me a lot as a person. It has taught me how to be firm in my decision making, to be patient and tolerant of people of different walks of life, not be afraid of any complaints from anybody especially tour guides and also, complain kings and queens. Yes, working in Sentosa has made me a stronger and wiser person.

Which sometimes, i wonder. If they're saying that i'm a senior marshal, why not Siew Yong be I/C? I mean, he's worked here longer than me. I mean, i am more senior than him by 2 days because we both started at monorail but he was sacked then, which made him transfer to Marshal. And he's a more senior marshal than me, that's why, for that i respect him, even though no other marshals did. The other marshals never liked him but for me, i know him better.

I could imagine the look on some of the new marshal's face when they heard me on the set. I wouldnt say i like them but yeah well, my boys don't like them either. heh. they don't do much. my boys put in their hard work and everything and i really credit them for that. I think my boys are the best marshals i've seen.

my boys?

Nazmi, Faiz, Jimmy, Tian Chan.

They are my boys who worked an average of 10 to 12 hours every weekend. I really credit them a lot. And i'm proud of them because, they know the meaning of TEAMWORK. And they're not individualist. They help each other.

Unlike these new kids. And i don't see the reason why they need to hold the walkie talkie when my boys are not even holding one and the new kids are not even using it. And, when i gave Nazmi the set, so that i can communicate with someone senior at the location, when i came back, the set was with the new kid. HMM.

Look, i don't care if you're a guy, i don't care if you're older than me. I know when i'm right and when i'm wrong. And if you're new, don't act as if you know everything. That seriously piss me off. Don't act like you're some kind of hero. I'm not going to be impress.

My rule is easy.

I do not want people to slack. This job isn't for people to slack. If you wanna slack, find yourself another job. Because when you slack, you are sabotaging your other marshals with more work. It's not fair.

The seniors have taught me good. And now it's my turn to pass down whatever they have taught me. It's not because of the one day that i took charge that i'm like this. I'm still planting my feet down to earth. Like i said, it's not because that i'm regarded as a senior marshal, i've been bossy or fussy or whatsoever. My boys know my style of working. I have passion for my work.

Customer Service, you're in frontline. I do not want people to think we give bad service and bad impression. We have to be the best in everything that we do. And NEVER. And i mean NEVER, give a bad impression to guests.

People hate my guts sometimes. Say anything you want, you can never bring me down. Call me a bitch, a slut, for all i care. You don't know me so you can say whatever you want. I know myself best, my friends know me well. They know what sort of person i am. If you wanna say things about me, go ahead.

It's human nature to judge people. It can never be stopped. I'm not angry. In fact, i classify these people as shallow-minded people for believing what they read or see but not going in any deeper to find out the real meaning of the things that they believe in. So if i dwell in the matter too much, i'll be wasting my time. so why should i?

i've gone through too much to care. so don't bother trying to pull me down.

because i am at my strongest.

No comments: